Donegal Driver Donagh Kelly and Co. Driver Kevin Flanagan Kept A Cool Head To Win The Abbeyleix Manor Hotel Rally 2015, First Round of The Triton Showers National Rally Championship. After His Win In Galway There Seems To Be No Stopping The Donegal Man. The Day Was A Wet One Which Proved challenging For Most Competitors. For Much of The Day It Was A Battle Between Kelly (Ford Focus WRC) and Declan Boyle (Subaru Impreza WRC). Donagh Held A Good Lead After The First Three Stages But Boyle Fought Over The Repeated Stages To Overturn The Advantage But A Puncture On Stage 7 Meant Boyle Lost Over Six And A Half Minutes. Kelly Held On To His Lead To Win The Rally Outright But With The Addition of The Power Stage, Which Garry Jennings Won, Resulted In Kelly Being Placed Second In The Championship Standings After The Opening Round With Jennings Leading The Championship. The Addition of The Power Stage This Year Adds A New Exciting Flavour To The Championship Which Could See the Championship This Year Being A Very Close Affair By the End Of The Year. This Rally Also Saw ERC Competitor Craig Breen Take Part In A Ford Escort Mk2. Craig Flung The Escort Entertaining The Masses That Littered The 3 Stages. Unfortunately Craig Broke A Driveshaft While Leading the Modified Category and That put An End To His Challenge.
1. D Kelly/K Flanagan (Ford Focus WRC) 1h 00m 12.7s
2. G Jennings/R Kennedy (Subaru WRC) 1h 00m 51.4s
3. N Maguire/E Sherry (Subaru WRC) 1h 01m 16.8s
4. K Kelleher/R Fitzpatrick (Subaru WRC) 1h 01m 41.7s
5. S Wood/K Moriarty (Subaru WRC) 1h 03m 08.7s
6. K Barrett/S Mullally (Subaru WRC) 1h 03m 57.7s
7. C Armstrong/J Fulton (Ford Escort) 1h 04m. 01.7s
8. S Chapman/A Kierans (Proton Satria) 1h 04m 05.9s
9. B Brogan/D McGettigan (Ford Escort) 1h 04m 52.7s
10. B Cumiskey/R O’Kane (Subaru) 1h 04m 53.0s .
For more info go to Triton National Rally Championship
Photo By Gavin Woods.